Emotional Well Being
A positive sense of well being allows people to be able to participate in society and meet the demands of everyday life. People in good mental health have the ability to recover effectively from illness, change, or misfortune.
If you are feeling emotional distress related to stress, depression, or anxiety, we hope these links* can help you or your child feel some relief.
- Stress management in middle school
- Techniques to help manage stress
- LeyVa student curriculum on managing stress
- Evergreen School District Wellness Team YouTube Channel
- Teens Health.org
- Emotional Wellness Apps Library
- Virtual Calming Rooms - are places for students and families to find tools and strategies for managing emotions and feelings.
- Explore sounds & music, guided meditation, visual relaxation, yoga and more in this Virtual Calming Room.
- Calming bottles, relaxation music, painting, and sunsets are just some of many resources available in this Visual Relaxation Room.
*Resources on this page are for educational purposes and not intended as psychological interventions or as a substitute for psychological treatment. If you or your child are in need of psychological help we encourage you to seek the consultation of a licensed mental health professional.
Mental health resources that can #BeTheDifference when you need it most.
9-8-8 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline provides free, confidential support 24/7 to people in suicide crisis or mental health distress across the United States. Call 9-8-8 or 1-800-273-TALK (8255) for support.
The SAMHSA National Helpline is a free, confidential information service that provides treatment and support referrals 24/7 to people facing mental illness and addictions. Call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) for support.
The Crisis Text Line provides free, confidential support via text message 24/7 to those in crisis situations. Text HOME to 741741 for support.
The Trevor Project provides free, confidential support 24/7 to LGBTQ youth via a helpline, text and online instant messaging system. Call 1-866-488-7386 for support.