Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
PBIS is a school-wide approach that includes five quality characteristics to enhance school climate:
- Promote positive behavioral expectations:
- Teach behavior expectations by modeling what is expected.
- Reinforce positive behaviors with rewards and praise.
- Implement consistent consequences for inappropriate behaviors.
- Utilize restorative practices to support repairing harm for victims, building empathy, and reducing reoccurrence of problems and conflicts.