Transportation to School
There are several ways students can arrive and depart from school each day. We suggest walking, private transportation, riding bicycles with a helmet or skateboards.
How Do I Get My Student to School?
There will be nearly 800 students attending LeyVa this year. In order to get all of these students to and from school safely and on time, we strongly recommend the following:
- If you live within walking distance of LeyVa, PLEASE have your child WALK TO SCHOOL.
- If you must drive, then PLEASE form a CARPOOL to minimize the number of cars on the roads.
- To minimize the traffic congestion, accidents and late arrivals to school, please follow the carpool suggestions listed below. Consider a drop off location in the neighborhood and have your child walk using the crosswalks.
- Drop off your student(s) between 7:15 - 7:45 a.m.
- If you attempt to drop off your student(s) in the parking lot after 7:45 a.m., your student(s) may be tardy, and you will not be able to exit the parking lot for 15-20 minutes due to traffic congestion.
- After school, encourage your student to meet up with his/her carpool group first, then, walk to the pick-up point together. This will eliminate the need for the parent to go back to the school to get a student.
- Please be respectful of the surrounding neighborhood. The students should stay on the sidewalks and not wander through the yards.
- There are two bike rack on the school campus. Bicycles should still be locked while inside the bike rack area. Even with all these precautions, sometimes theft and/or damage occurs. LeyVa Middle School cannot be responsible for such damage or theft should it happen.
- Students arriving to campus on a skateboards or scooters must carry their skateboard onto campus. Skateboards and scooters must be stored in the Student Center before the start of first period and picked up after school ends. LeyVa Middle School cannot be responsible for such damage or theft should it happen.
Transportation is ONLY provided for students who live north of Tully (the K. Smith Neighborhood).
|Pick Up (AM)
|Drop Off (PM)
|Katherine Smith School
|Waverly Ave/Tampa Way Corner
|Valley Palms Apartments